Hello world. We know this website isn’t used nearly enough…but here’s to hoping for change!
How about some updates?
The House is coming along wonderfully!!! Our designer has been hard at work making it look like a warm welcoming place for mamas and babies to come! Our work crews have been working hard bringing things up to code, painting, cleaning and all that fun stuff!! We are in final stages of finishing, then will need to pass a few inspections! A couple of urgent needs for final details are:
- 2 ABC fire extinguishers
- 1 more smoke detector (photoelectronic/UL listed)
- funding for our security camera system (if you donate, you can designate security system)
3rd Annual “Bikers for Mercy House Babies” Run
- September 6th, 2014
- Registration time: 10am-11:30am
- Run time: 12 noon- 2pm (estimate)
- 60-75 mile run, $20 per motorcycle, $ for additional rider
- Start and finish at New Beginnings Mercy House 3877 Jackman rd. Ida MI
- Following the run will be an appreciation luncheon, with 50/50 raffle and gift basket raffles
- For More info…contact Frank @ 734-731-5210 or Joy @ 734-755-6584
Supported by Monroe County Christian Motorcyclists & matching funds through Thrivent for Lutherans.
Please consider riding or donating!
We have a Veggie Garden…. Thank you to Boy Scout Michael and Four Star greenhouse for helping to set it up. Our clients have truly enjoyed picking from the harvest, as well as taking recipes for how to cook them!
We are always looking for volunteers, and plan to focus on C.I.T’s this September (Counselors in training) It’s time to reach these women!!
SouthEast Michigan Moms group is hosting their Semi Annual Mom2Mom Sale on September 27th at KofC hall in downtown Monroe. Anything the mamas don’t sell, they have the opportunity to donate to Mercy House…they pile it to one side and we pick up. We are ALWAYS overwhelmingly Blessed by this!
We had 2 Mercy House Babies dedicated this month. That means…..mama has chosen a great foundation in Christ for their little one!!
The Monroe Evening News did a fabulous article on New Beginnings Mercy House. It printed on August 15th 2014…..if you haven’t read it yet, do!
September 20th…we will be swapping out the bins from Spring/Summer to Fall/Winter. Come on out and bring some muscles!
New Beginnings Mercy House 2014 Stats:
we have served 952 clients to date
85 babies born & 12 due
Thank you for your continued Support!