What an amazing opportunity we have been given by Old National Bank!!!
They are giving away $17,000 to 17 local charities ($1,000 gifts each)
Here’s how EASY PEASY it is to vote for Mercy House!!!
Go to your local Old National bank
and vote for Mercy House as your favorite Charity.
You can vote Once per day (yes…you can vote daily…hint hint 😉 between NOW and April 17th 2015!!!
Visit this link for more information!!
Thank You so so much for your continued support!
WOW, what an amazing evening we had with so many wonderful ladies. A variety of ladies groups from local churches, the Soroptimist, and so many others joined us, as we shared 2015 goals for Mercy House and enjoy tea, snacks and of course raffles and silent auctions for MANY great items that were all donated!!!
Here’s a few peeks at our evening!
(ok, a lot of peeks)
So far we have 14 monthly sponsors for 2015!! We look forward to this number growing and dream of opening the doors to beautiful mamas this summer!!!
If you’re interested in becoming a monthly sponsor, please call the office at 734-240-2239
Please join us for our annual tea.
January 25th 2015 at 4:30pm
Redeemer Fellowship Church
5305 Evergreen Dr, Monroe, Michigan 48161
What a great time for ladies to gather, fellowship, and enjoy supporting a local ministry!
The theme this year is “New Year New Life”
The goal for this tea will be to sign up as many people as we can as monthly sponsors. Our home will be opening soon, and we need to secure monthly running expenses!
We will also be having a dollar raffle, and additionally, whom ever signs up to be a monthly sponsor will have their name put in a drawing for a beautiful gift basket.
There are still spaces available for those who would like to host their own table, and there is also space available for those who just want to come!!
for those hosting, here is a small list of what you would need:
Table cloth 5 foot round
A thermos or tea pot to keep water at your table warm
And your dessert to pass at your table
any additional items you would like to add
and of course lady friends and family to join you!!
Tickets are $10/each and all tickets and tables MUST be reserved and paid for no later than January 17th, 2015′
for questions or ticket reservations
Kara Dowler @ 734-735-7989 or
Stacey Westbrook @ 734-915-8105
Hello world. We know this website isn’t used nearly enough…but here’s to hoping for change!
How about some updates?
The House is coming along wonderfully!!! Our designer has been hard at work making it look like a warm welcoming place for mamas and babies to come! Our work crews have been working hard bringing things up to code, painting, cleaning and all that fun stuff!! We are in final stages of finishing, then will need to pass a few inspections! A couple of urgent needs for final details are:
- 2 ABC fire extinguishers
- 1 more smoke detector (photoelectronic/UL listed)
- funding for our security camera system (if you donate, you can designate security system)
3rd Annual “Bikers for Mercy House Babies” Run
- September 6th, 2014
- Registration time: 10am-11:30am
- Run time: 12 noon- 2pm (estimate)
- 60-75 mile run, $20 per motorcycle, $ for additional rider
- Start and finish at New Beginnings Mercy House 3877 Jackman rd. Ida MI
- Following the run will be an appreciation luncheon, with 50/50 raffle and gift basket raffles
- For More info…contact Frank @ 734-731-5210 or Joy @ 734-755-6584
Supported by Monroe County Christian Motorcyclists & matching funds through Thrivent for Lutherans.
Please consider riding or donating!
We have a Veggie Garden…. Thank you to Boy Scout Michael and Four Star greenhouse for helping to set it up. Our clients have truly enjoyed picking from the harvest, as well as taking recipes for how to cook them!
We are always looking for volunteers, and plan to focus on C.I.T’s this September (Counselors in training) It’s time to reach these women!!
SouthEast Michigan Moms group is hosting their Semi Annual Mom2Mom Sale on September 27th at KofC hall in downtown Monroe. Anything the mamas don’t sell, they have the opportunity to donate to Mercy House…they pile it to one side and we pick up. We are ALWAYS overwhelmingly Blessed by this!
We had 2 Mercy House Babies dedicated this month. That means…..mama has chosen a great foundation in Christ for their little one!!
The Monroe Evening News did a fabulous article on New Beginnings Mercy House. It printed on August 15th 2014…..if you haven’t read it yet, do!
September 20th…we will be swapping out the bins from Spring/Summer to Fall/Winter. Come on out and bring some muscles!
New Beginnings Mercy House 2014 Stats:
we have served 952 clients to date
85 babies born & 12 due
Thank you for your continued Support!
Every month a small group of dedicated Mercy House board members gather together and discuss “business”
Here’s some updates for YOU! 😉
- Do you have a Kroger card? Did you know you can register Mercy House for their Community Rewards?? It’s like donating to Mercy House for free!! All you have to do is register your card with our ministry number ~ 91848! Easy Peasy!
- NEEDS!!!! We currently are in desperate need of >>>>Baby Wash, Baby Lotion, Preemie & Size 5 diapers, Baby foods (fruits) Also looking for some Blessing Closet / Office Helpers>>>>Monday and Thursday evenings & Monday and Friday Days! We WILL train you, and you do NOT have to work alone…EVER!
- LOTS of upcoming events….Be sure to check the Upcoming Events page or our facebook page
- We have a video we would like to begin presenting to local churches, it’s time to get everyone aboard! If you think your church would be interested in having MH visit and present, please contact Stacey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-915-8105 (text friendly)
- Clients served to date>>> 782
- Babies born to date>>>35
Interested in learning more? Join us at our Community~Anniversary Open House on August 12th!